The random ramblings thread

Discussion of other topics not necessarily Keats or poetry-related, i.e. other authors, literature, film, music, the arts etc.

Moderators: Saturn, Malia

Re: The random ramblings thread

Postby dks » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Malia wrote:One thing we *could* do, if everyone has the technology, is an I-Chat video conference via computer (or even IM chat). I can get up to six people to conference on my I-chat program . . . it would not be as cool as an in-person thing, but it is something.

Now, that's a great idea, Malia! I like it! :D I'm game!!
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby AsphodelElysium » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:04 pm

I could get on board with that too. I was just thinking, though, for the other, that I wasn't that far away from Louisville. The I-Chat would be a good deal easier though.
"Let me not wander in a barren dream,
But, when I am consumed in the fire,
Give me new Phoenix wings to fly at my desire."
AsphodelElysium
Calidore

Postby Gazlynn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Ok Guys as you can see from my avatar that I have a tattoo of Keats tracing of a Grecian urn down my side and for my next tattoo project I am looking to keep the Keats theme on the top of my arms and shoulders. 1 arm and shoulder for good / positive images and the other for bad / negative. Any suggestions / images would be welcomed. I know this is lighthearted but remember it will be on my body forever :o .
Sorry a bit off topic
Gazlynn

Postby Saturn » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:58 pm

How about a laurel wreath, or a crown of laurel? A symbolic image of poetry and of course Keats himself and the crowning incident with Leigh Hunt.

Also, this thread has no topic, anything goes on this one, hence 'random ramblings' :mrgreen:
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Malia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:44 pm

How about continuing your tattoos of images from Keats's poetry--such as a nightingale? Or even a written line of his poetry?
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:55 pm

I have "Beauty is Truth" tattooed on my person...yes, how about a short impacting statement from one of his letters or poems? How about "Love is my Religion"? Oooh...what a magnificent tattoo that would be... :!:
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of Imagination."
dks
Dante

Postby Gazlynn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Guys
Thanks for all your ideas so far all worth consideration I am not going to go with a laurel wreath as it’s a bit to grand prix for me but was maybe thinking of having some bluebells with a branch of a tree or some sort of thicket coming from my arm with a nightingale on my shoulder. The only thing is a nightingale isn’t the most colorful bird you ever seen. Never really liked having writing as a tattoo but I think a statement might work.
So next question if you where to have 1 Keats statement tattooed on your body what would it be?
Gazlynn

Postby Malia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:23 pm

While I probably would never have any Keats-related theme tattooed on my body (although I do currently have a tattoo), I think something poignant and slightly ironic would be a fitting choice--how about: "I always made an awkward bow" tattooed on the lower back? :wink:
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Hi all. Just checking in and letting you all know I'm still alive. . . things in my life have been pretty mad the past few weeks in particular, so I haven't had a lot of time for foruming. Nice to see dks back amongst us! I hope things will settle down soon and I'll be able to spend more time with you all. :)

I wish I had something to contribute to the tattoo discussion, but I've never been one for tattoos. I respect you all for choosing something so important to you, though. If it's going to be permanently engraved on your body, it may as well be something that will be permanently meaningful!
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Saturn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Am I the only person in the world now that doesn't have a tattoo? :shock:

I just don't get it, I'm not against or for them, I just don't understand it :|
"Oh what a misery it is to have an intellect in splints".
Saturn
Forum Administrator

Postby Credo Buffa » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:44 pm

*raises hand, does not have a tattoo, has no desire to have a tattoo*
"Holy Kleenex, Batman! It was right under our nose and we blew it!"
Credo Buffa
Lamia

Postby Gazlynn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Malia wrote:While I probably would never have any Keats-related theme tattooed on my body (although I do currently have a tattoo), I think something poignant and slightly ironic would be a fitting choice--how about: "I always made an awkward bow" tattooed on the lower back? :wink:

Quality :D
What about

"He is a portion of the loveliness
Which once he made more lovely"

People might question my sexuality right enough :o
Gazlynn

Postby BrokenLyre » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:18 am

OK... This is somewhat random. This Sunday I will be driving through Louisville, Kentucky where George Keats was buried, in Cave Hill Cemetery (see the web site by this name). I never thought I'd get to Louisville, but I will be there. I will think of you while there. Perhaps I will take some pictures too. I know it's not the Protestant Cemetery in Rome, but it's the best I can do. I hope to report back.
"Come... dry your eyes, for you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly. Dry your eyes... and let's go home."
BrokenLyre
Endymion

Postby Malia » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:26 am

That is so cool, BrokenLyre. Please take pictures. It would be very interesting to see George Keats's grave. Is Georgiana's grave there as well?
Stay Awake!
--Anthony deMello
Malia
Forum Administrator

Postby dks » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:48 am

Yes, BrokenLyre--please post pics--I'd love to see that, as well...!
dks
Dante

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous